The Bristol Methodist Centre
Lincoln Street, Bristol
We are looking to appoint a confident person with the ability to use their initiative in familiar and unexpected situations, to join our existing team as Centre Manger.
* The successful applicant will be part of a team that cares for each other and where people take part in activities that can have a transformative effect on people’s lives.
* The person appointed will be in charge of the day to day running of the Centre with responsibility for staff and volunteers and guests.
* This post holds a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a committed Christian, who is in sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Methodist Church.
* The salary is linked to the NJC Scale point 31, £27668 – Hours 37 hours per week (core hours Monday – Thursday).
The Centre Manger has a key role in the Centre, ensuring a friendly and safe environment for our guests who may be homeless or may suffer from drug or alcohol addiction or may have mental health problems.
Central to the role is the provision of pastoral and practical support to our guests as we seek to meet a wide range of needs.
The successful applicant will:
• Promoting, and maintaining the Christian ethos of the Centre.
• Providing a safe and supportive environment for staff, volunteers, and guests.
• Fostering relationships with external agencies
• Dealing with general enquiries/correspondence
• Dealing with day-to-day petty cash transactions, keeping accurate records.
• Arranging for essential day-to-day maintenance of premises.
• Reviewing Health and Safety policies and ensure that these are implemented.
• Liaising and consulting with the Treasurer
Please request an application pack by contacting:
Mr Adam Biddlestone
Circuit Office Horfield Methodist Church,
Bristol BS7 8SN
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Closing Date for applications: 7th September 2017
Bristol Methodist Centre (BMC) has been supporting homeless and vulnerable adults since 1986